EducA+ion Enrichment Center
Roger Aubin, founder of Education Enrichment Center, is an experience educator who has taught grades K to 12, plus a stint as a guest university lecturer.
Roger has long been inspired by the challenge of overcoming his own learning difficulties: ADD and dyslexia.
“I researched the teaching methods of ADD and Dyslexia and discovered a system that works – a system that makes learning relevant, attainable and best of all fun!”
Roger’s frustrations with the system as a student were:
- He was bored.
- His instruction focussed primarily on his weaknesses.
- He was withdrawn to a Sp. Ed. room.
- He was labelled.
- He lost confidence.
- He never saw the relevancy of what he was expected to learn.
- He was excluded from many class activities and teams.
- He saw himself as a failure, never as a leader.
How much has changed?
With Education Enrichment Center, his aims are:
- To excite the students about learning.
- To make learning relevant.
- To work at the student’s ability and pace.
- To help the students problem solve.
- To help connect for the students the subjects: science, reading, writing, math, history, geography, arts, and social skills.
- To help the students to use their strengths to pull up their weakness.
- To help the students to become leaders.
- To help the students take responsibility in their learning.
- To help the students become team players.
“My passion in life is watching students grow and learn, to see that light bulb that goes on with the confidence that follows.”